Toby Grey is more than just your typical young singer with a lovely voice, she is quite possibly one of the most diverse and energetic artists in Nigeria today. Born Adeyemi Tobiloba Maryam in Lagos in 1994, an Osun State Indigene and French graduate from the University of Lagos.
She started recording songs at the age of 16 and was privileged in working with different producers in Lagos like; Fliptyce, YoungD, DaPiano, Drumphase, PuffyT, MicDavis etc.
With great reviews from these producers, Toby Grey stands out with her unique style, just like her name GREY serves as a balance between two extremes and cuts across borders; this allows her to be diverse and not boxed or rigid. With her burning desire and passion for music, including her philanthropically works that has gained ground amongst the youths, she has been recognized by several people who have come to love her and become her fans. She has been nominated for several prestigious awards both in and out of Nigeria and has been a recipient of numerous awards which Includes:
- CITY PEOPLE AWARDS (BEST MOST PROMISING FEMALE ACT 2015)
- NIGERIA ACHIEVERS AWARDS (BEST PROMISING FEMALE ACT 2015)
- SCREAM ALL YOUTHS AWARDS (FEMALE RISING ACT OF THE YEAR 2015)
- ANUCA AWARDS (BEST FEMALE UNIVERSITY ACT 2015)
- LAGOS FASHION AWARDS (MOST FASHIONABLE FAST RISING ACT 2015)
- EMERGING AFRICAN LEADERS INTEGRITY AWARDS (ENTERTAINMENT AWARD 2016)
- PRIX SPECIAL DU DIRECTEUR (ARTISTE VILLAGEOIS 2016) – FRENCH AWARD
- MISS TOURISM OGUN AWARDS (RECOGNITION AWARD 2015)
- NAIJALIFE MAGAZINE U.S.A (BEST NEW ARTISTE 2016)
She has also performed on so many platforms;
- CITY PEOPLE ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS
- MISS TOURISM NIGERIA
- ONE LAGOS FIESTA
- BEAT OF LAGOS
- KENNIS MUSIC EASTER FIESTA
- NIGERIAN ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS (NEA)
- LAGOS FASHION AWARDS
- NIGERIAN TELEVISION FASHION SHOW
- NIGERIA ACHIEVERS AWARDS
- IGOS LIVE
- OVATION CAROL
TO MENTION A FEW……….
This talented, beautiful and energetic young star draws her inspiration from anything worth writing about “Everything and everyone around me, the world is my muse” has great plans for the future of the Nigerian music industry and should definitely be one to watch out for.
Still young in age and the industry, her achievements have been noticed thus earning her some endorsements from prominent institutions including a local government in Lagos, her home base;
- NUMAT VILLE (PROJECT FOR PROMOTING NATIONAL UNITY AND TOURISM)
- AMBASSADOR FOR PEACE (PANDA – KARU L.G.A )
- BRAND ABMBASSDOR-MINDFUL NIGERIA
- TOURISM AMBASSADOR (BADAGRY)